Klaipėda Sculpture Park
K. Donelaičio g. 6B, 92145 Klaipėda Navigate 55.716939, 21.139438
Sculpture Park is an open-air gallery of modern Lithuanian sculpture, which was founded in 1977. Today, 116 sculptures created by 67 Lithuanian artists are exhibited in the park that covers an area of 12 hectares. In 1820, the central cemetery of the city was opened on this site, and the monument to those buried before 1944 can be seen in the park. The rebels who died in the battle of Klaipėda’s annexation to Lithuania are also buried there. Apart from that, the park has an obelisk from 1925, an authentic demarcation (frontier) pillar that used to mark the border between Lithuania Minor and Lithuania Major. It is a great place for the park visitors to trace the history of Klaipėda between the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century (the tomb of J. L. Wiener, the memorial to the 1923 Klaipėda Revolt, the World War II memorial, the monument for lost at sea, and others), as well as to have some peaceful moments in the surroundings of nature and art.